Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Veronica Scott (and one you did) + Giveaway!
I’m so pleased to be a guest today on Cindy’s blog! After falling in love with her Motor City series as a reader, and then becoming a fellow Carina Press author, it’s really an honor to be here.
I thought I’d share ten fun things I’ve never shared before, and one that is pretty well known. And in honor of the ten things I’ll give away two $10 Amazon gift cards, to two randomly selected commenters!
Here’s the fact you probably did know: my science fiction novel WRECK OF THE NEBULA DREAM is loosely based on the sinking of the Titanic (my grandfather had a distant relative in Second Class who survived the disaster)!
In no certain order, I offer up ten carefully selected factoids (I don’t ever want to be boring LOL):
1. I learned to speak Russian in college with a Czechoslovakian accent.
2. I once owned two Peruvian guinea pigs named Hodge and Podge. (Think wiglets with legs and eyes, serious grooming issues and an ear splitting whistle)
3. I’ve been through three major earthquakes (which is enough for one lifetime!)
4. I’ve been  this close to a moon rock. And about 10’ away from Buzz Aldrin!
5. My favorite food – even more beloved than chocolate – is fresh picked, upstate NY, wild blueberries.
6. I was Miss Science Club in high school (yes, I was kinda geeky. Well, still am – see #4!).
7. I collect Beatrix Potter figurines…Timmy Willie Sleeping is my favorite…
8. I’m terrified of snakes (Well, strictly speaking that isn’t an unknown fact but I like to get it out there, just in case anyone is ever tempted to show me their pet snake. NOT a good idea.)
9. I have a 200+ year old tea spoon that’s been passed down in our family, mother to daughter, since the American Revolution.
10. I’m Four Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon. And no doubt that’s as close as I’ll ever be LOL!
Here’s the blurb for WRECK OF THE NEBULA DREAM:
All his plans vaporize when the ship suffers a wreck of Titanic proportions. Captain and crew abandon ship, leaving the 8000 passengers stranded without enough lifeboats and drifting unarmed in enemy territory. Aided by Mara, Nick must find a way off the doomed ship for himself and several other innocent people before deadly enemy forces reach them or the ship’s malfunctioning engines finish ticking down to self destruction.
But can Nick conquer the demons from his past that tell him he’ll fail these innocent people just as he failed to save his Special Forces team? Will he outpace his own doubts to win this vital race against time?
Check out the amazing book trailer on youtube!
The book can be found at Smashwords , Amazon for the kindle and Barnes & Noble for the Nook. Also available as trade paperback from Amazon $5.99 here
So what unknown fact would you share about yourself, if you were writing the blog today?